Volunteering can also be an excellent way of building work related hands on experience without the commitment of working long hours or it conflicting with your educational studies.
It is a fantastic way to make your mark on a cause that you care about, learn new skills and have fun along the way. It also has the potential to enhance your team-working abilities, problem solving and communication. These are all desirable skills that will help enhance your CV and employability.
Reasons to volunteer:
- It’s an opportunity to give something back to the community or an organisation that you are interested in
- Make a difference to the lives of others including those who are less fortunate or without a voice
- Help care for animals or maintain the environment
- Gain confidence and self-esteem
- Learn new skills whilst building knowledge and experience
- Enhance your CV and improve your employment prospects
- Gain an accreditation/qualification
- Meet new people and make new friends
Click on the link below and take a look at the different organisations offering volunteering opportunities both in the UK and abroad:
Interested in Volunteering