Ousedale School provides impartial careers information, advice and guidance (CIAG) to students in Year 8 to Year 12 - through involvement in activities such as one-to one guidance interviews, career workshops, presentations, group work and mentoring.
As part of the PSHE and Enrichment programme students will learn about self-awareness, opportunity awareness and how to explore options available to them. They will learn about employability and transition skills and how to make informed decisions.
We aim to help them:
- • Recognise and develop skills, attitudes and abilities that will enable them to be effective in a variety of occupations
- •To develop career awareness and enable them to manage their own career development
- •To manage transitions in life and understand the importance of life-long learning
- •Make informed decisions and plan their future
- •Prepare for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of working life
Every student in Years 8 - 11 will have a one-to-one meeting with a Careers Advisor, Form Tutor, Head of Year or a member of the Senior Leadership Team and set out an individual career learning plan. This will help set out careers targets for the future and form the student's target setting review.
Careers Advisors are available at both campuses:
Mrs Griffin, Careers Co-ordinator, Newport Pagnell campus
Mrs Campion, Librarian and Careers, Olney campus
The following links explain in more detail our approach to careers guidance. Resources and information to help students plan for their future are also provided:
Careers Information, Advice and Guidance Services | PDF
Raising of the Participation Age | PDF
Virtual Careers Library | PDF
Careers Software | PDF
Gap Year and Volunteering Information | PDF
Apprenticeships | PDF